Monday, January 09, 2006

Weighted

My monitor's been laid low by what appears to be a technical problem. The good news is that it's still under warranty and the shop was perfectly willing to replace it with a new model. The bad news is that the old monitor has to get sent back to their supplier for thorough checking, and the model's not likely to appear until they're satisfied with what they find.

What this all means, ladies and gentlemen, is that I don't have a computer for the next week or so. I find that kind of ironic, actually, seeing that I'm effectively half-paralyzed despite the fact that my PC is working perfectly on its own. This'll definitely stunt my development for the Dragon Anthology (deadline on January 18), will ensure that I'll be away from computer games for a while, and will affect my blog postings as well.

As I've already told some people, I'm still wandering around a bunch of workable plots for both the anthology and the Fully Booked contest. I haven't written anything yet; In fact, I'm waiting for a couple of two-hour gaps within my schedule so that I can write each of the stories in one sitting. The work pileup at my office, of course, doesn't help much.

It just goes to show you that when life gives you lemons, it's time to stand around the sidewalk wondering how to make your lemonade.

No comments: